Rathmullan hit six against Kilmacrennan Celtic


Rathmullan hit six against Kilmacrennan Celtic

Rathmullan Celtic were the big winners in the Brian McCormick Sports Premier Division, hitting Castlefin for six. There were wins also for Drumoghill FC, Glenea, Kildrum Tigers while St. Catherine’s and Convoy Arsenal ended level at 2-2.

In the FAI Junior Cup Raphoe Town progressed to the next round with victory over Bonagee.

FAI Junior Cup

Raphoe Town 2

Bonagee United 0

Keelan Kelly got their first goal when he latched onto Christy Bogle’s left wing cross. The game remained tight and it wasn’t until Christy Bogle added a second from the penalty spot to give Raphoe a two goal lead, after Jamie Gallagher had been fouled in the box, that Raphoe could breathe easy and look forward to the next round of the Cup.

Brian Mc Cormick Sports Premier Division

Drumoghill F.C. 2

Castlefin Celtic 1

Drumoghill FC maintained their 100% start to the season by virtue of another home win, and again it was a brace from Ritchie Moore that won them the game. A goal in each half was enough to seal the points, but it has to be said that Paul McCauley’s performance in goals was as much a factor in this victory as was Moore’s up front. Two brilliant saves in the closing minutes from McCauley made sure that Drumoghill held on to the lead that was given to them by Moore’s eventual winner on 78 minutes. He first tipped a long range effort from Tourish over the bar before saving at point blank range from Ian Ward’s effort in the last minute.

Both teams scored in the final minute of the first half, Moore breaking the deadlock direct from a corner before Ian Ward drilled home to ensure the scores were level at the break. The second half maintained a similar pattern before the late action at both ends of the pitch ensured Drumoghill ran out winners. Referee: Paddy Duffy

Glenea United 2

Milford United 1

Glenea got their home programme underway with this hard earned victory over Milford. Glenea opened the scoring on 35 minutes when Lee O’Brien flicked on a corner and Darren Mc Geever fired home from eight yards.

In the second half Milford started well and had the home defence under pressure and were finally rewarded on 60 minutes when Kyle Black got down the left and his pullback was drilled home by Gary Merritt. Milford almost took the lead on 67 minutes with a carbon copy of their goal but this time Merritt was unable to convert. Both sides pushed hard for a winner and on 80 minutes Glenea regained the lead when Eamonn Cannon’s corner went directly into the net. In a frantic closing period Glenea had chances on the break to seal victory but failed to take them and were almost made to pay on 88 minutes when Mark Flood headed a free-kick against the bar.

Lagan Harps 1

Kildrum Tigers 3

Lagan paid for not taking their chances when a lofted free ended with Del Crossan forcing the Lagan keeper into a great save but the ball fell to Oran Higgins who slotted home. Kildrum increased their advantage from a free delivered by James Melly and headed to the Lagan net by Declan Curtis to leave the half time score line 2-0 to Kildrum.

Lagan pressed after the break but the Kildrum defence, who were excellently marshalled by Michael Lynch and James Melly, repelled all Lagan threw at them. Kildrum scored their third goal to wrap up the points after a mix up in the Lagan defence and the ball ended at the feet of Michael Lynch who shot home from twenty yards. Lagan got a consolation goal when, after good work by Seamie Peoples, his cross was missed by the Kildrum keeper and Gavin McGlanaghey headed home.

Kilmacrennan Celtic 1

Rathmullan Celtic 6

Rathmullan made it two wins from two in the Premier Division with a strong second half performance at the Flagpole, player-boss Dara Patton easing his side to victory with a hat-trick. Eoin Sheridan added a brace while James Gallagher was also on target for the hosts in the closing stages. Mouse McLaughlin converted a penalty for Kilmac on the hour-mark, by which stage both sides had been reduced to ten men by referee Vincent McLaughlin.

Convoy Arsenal 2

St. Catherines 2

Convoy got the breakthrough in the 20th minute after some fine work by Lee Guthrie set up Anthony Bogle to fire home at the second attempt. The lead didn't last too long and within 10 minutes the teams were level. A short corner caught the Convoy defence off guard and Eamonn Bonnar curled a lovely effort past Chris O’Donnell from outside the box.

The second half started end to end with half chances being created by both sides but it was Convoy who took the lead around the hour mark when player manager Ryan Carlin scored a cheeky overhead kick. This didn't dishearten St. Catherines and they managed to get an equaliser when a long ball up field caused some confusion in the Convoy defence and Ryan Farrelly nipped in to score the equaliser. Things went from bad to worse for Convoy when Conor Cairns handled near the edge of the box to earn himself a very harsh red card and gift St. Catherine’s a penalty. But as happened many times last year Chris O’Donnell came to the rescue for Convoy with a great save from Conor O’Rourke’s penalty..

Temple Domestic Appliances Division One

Gweedore Celtic 4

Keadue Rovers 2

Gweedore got off to a good start when Neil McGee was fouled on the edge of the area. Odhran McNelis converted the free kick on 15 minutes. Keadue Rovers equalised on 33 minutes through John Yank Boyle.

In the second half Eamonn McGee scored on 65 minutes after Colin Ferry and Odhran McNelis set him up. Keadue Rovers equalised on 68 minutes through Daniel Bonner. Micheal Roarty dribbled into the box and set up Colin Ferry to score on 84 minutes. On 87 minutes Gweedore secured the points when Thomas Diver set up Eamonn McGee to score. Referee: Dessie McLaughlin

Gweedore United 1

Erne Wanderers 5

The breakthrough came in the 29th minute when Darren Ferry put Michael Barry through one on one and Barry finished well to make it 1-0. This lead was shortlived as Erne scored from the next attack as a good cross from the right wing from David Dolan was tapped in by Seamus Kane from close range.

Goals from Barry Mulligan, Seamus Kane added second half goals for the winners.

Glenree United 2

Deele Harps 6

The home side will rue an abysmal 10 minute period in the second half which cost them the game. They took the lead through Aaron Mc Clafferty when he did well to finish from 18 yards on 20 minutes. The away team responded quickly and were back level through Shane Gallagher on 27 minutes.

On the stroke of half time John Mc Clafferty put the home team ahead. Glenree had a few chances to go 3 up before they collapsed and conceded 5 goals in 10 minutes in the second half, Shane Gallagher, Brian Duffy and Eathan Durning the scorers. Damien Nelis and John Mc Clafferty nearly got consolation goals but a good save and the crossbar denied them. A spirited team performance from Deele. Referee: Liam Mc Laughlin

CT Ball Division Two

Eany Celtic 3

Drumkeen United 4

Drumkeen United raided Eany Park on Sunday afternoon but midway through their raid they almost allowed their opponents to halt their progress. Ryan Kettle, Benny Bonner and Niall Bonner all scored to see United race three goals ahead. Benny Bonner then notched his second after 55 minutes to seemingly secure the pot. Five minutes later to quickfire goals from the Mc Groarty twins, Liam and Paul saw the deficit halved.

Paul went on to score again on seventy five minutes to rattle the Drumkeen charges at their very foundations. Despite creating numerous chances to get the equaliser that they deserved Eany could not find the net again and so it was back to St. Patrick’s Park that the spoils went but not without almost having their raid ambushed.

Curragh Athletic 0

Ballybofey United 4

This game was played in near perfect conditions at the Curragh Sports Complex in Killygordon. Ballybofey United scored two in each half to claim all three points. Damien Glackin opened the scoring and Dan O’ Brien got the second.

After the break Alan Patton made it three and with time almost up Michael Lynch completed the scoring. Referee: Sean O’Donnell

Cranford United 1

Lifford Celtic 5

Lifford started well and put pressure on the Cranford defence which payed off with a cross to the back post and a good header to make it 1 - 0. Cranford responded well and got a goal back through a Philip Buchanan penalty.

It was then Lifford who responded well with a long ball falling kindly to a Lifford forward who netted. After halftime Lifford got off to a similar start and went 3-1 up. As Cranford pushed they left gaps at the back and Lifford punished them with two good breaks and goals to close out the game.


Voodoo Venue Cup

Arranmore United 3 v 0 Drumbar F.C.

Erne Wanderers Res 5 v 7 Kilmacrennan C Res

Glenree United Reserves 1 v 2 Dunlewey Celtic

Cappry Rovers Reserves 0 v 3 Strand Rovers

Glencar Celtic 1 v 3 Keadue Rovers Reserves

Orchard F.C. 4 v 2 Donegal Town Reserves

Milford United Res P v P St. Catherines Res

Saturday Reserve Division

Castlefin Celtic Res 4 v 3 Drumoghill F.C. Res

FAI Junior Cup

Raphoe Town 2 v 0 Bonagee United

Brian Mc Cormick Sports Prem Div

Drumoghill F.C. 2 v 1 Castlefin Celtic

Glenea United 2 v 1 Milford United

Lagan Harps 1 v 3 Kildrum Tigers

Kilmacrennan C 1 v 6 Rathmullan Celtic

Convoy Arsenal 2 v 2 St. Catherines

Temple Domestic Appliances Div One

Gweedore Celtic 4 v 2 Keadue Rovers

Gweedore United 1 v 5 Erne Wanderers

Glenree United 2 v 6 Deele Harps

Cappry Rovers Av A Donegal Town

CT Ball Division Two

Eany Celtic 3 v 4 Drumkeen United

Curragh Athletic 0 v 4 Ballybofey United

Kerrykeel ’71 F.C . P v P Copany Rovers

Whitestrand United P v P Dunkineely Celtic

Cranford United 1 v 5 Lifford Celtic


Saturday 1st October K.O. 2 p.m. (Unless Stated)

Glencar Inn Saturday Division

Glencar Celtic v Dunlewey Celtic

Fintown Harps v Arranmore United (K.O.1p.m.)

Strand Rovers v Orchard F.C.

Saturday Reserve Division

Glenea United Res v Donegal Town Res

Kilmacrennan Celtic Res v St. Catherines Res

Castlefin Celtic Res v Milford United Res

Erne Wanderers Res v Glenree United Res

Sunday 2nd October 2016 K.O. 2 p.m.

Brian Mc Cormick Sports Prem Div

Kildrum Tigers v Kilmacrennan Celtic

Milford United v Lagan Harps

Castlefin Celtic v Glenea United

Rathmullan Celtic v Convoy Arsenal

Temple Domestic Appliances Div One

Erne Wanderers v Glenree United

Bonagee United v Gweedore United

Keadue Rovers v Raphoe Town

Donegal Town v Gweedore Celtic

Deele Harps v Cappry Rovers

CT Ball Division Two

Dunkineely Celtic v Kerrykeel ’71 F.C.

Copany Rovers v Curragh Athletic

Ballybofey United v Eany Celtic

Drumkeen United v Letterbarrow Celtic