Dungloe chalk up four wins on the trot

AllSportStore.com All County League Division One

Tom Comack sport@donegaldemocrat.com @dgldemocrat

Dungloe chalked up a fourth win in-a-row with a narrow victory over Bundoran in Rosses Park, on Saturday evening.

Dungloe 2-13

Bundoran 2-11

The win moves the Rosses side a step closer to retaining their top flight status. They are now in seventh place in the AllSportsStore Division One table, equal on points with Bundoran, but with a game in hand on Saturday night’s opponents.

They are also three points ahead of third from the bottom Termon and have a four point advantage over the bottom two, Glenswilly and Ardara, with four games remaining. And they also a game in hand on the bottom two.

Saturday night’s contest was closely contested affair which ended up in a shoot out between Dungloe’s Ryan Greene and Bundoran’s Jamie Brennan.

The elusive Greene ended the game with 2-2 to his name - all from play- while Brennan, posted 2-3 of Bundoran’s total.

His second goal was in the dying seconds and literally the last kick of the game.

The first Greene goal in the opening minutes helped Dungloe to a 1-6 to 0-5 half-time lead.

Luke Neely, Greene, Shaun Sharkey, Noel McBride, Conor Greene and Danny Rodgers ‘45’, scored the first half Dungloe points.

Michael McEniff (2), Tommy Hourihane (2) and Johnny Boyle kept Bundoran in touch as the two sides were guilty of a number of bad wides.

And Greene struck for goal number two 12 minutes into the second half, shortly after Paul Brennan had edged the visitors into the lead for the second time.

Jamie Brennan got the second period off to a flying start with a quick 1-2 in the opening nine minutes of the half. The goal on 32 minutes had a touch of good fortune when his effort from outside the large rectangle deceived Danny Rodgers to end up in the back of the net.

Adam Neely and Paul Brennan traded points before Greene restored a 2-7 to 1-8 home advantage.

Shaun Sharkey and Neely (2) pushed the locals’ lead out to five by the middle of the final quarter.

The Brennans with a point each made it a three point game with a little over five minutes remaining. But Dungloe closed out the game with three points to a Tommy Hourihane 13 metre free in the closing minutes before Brennan struck his late goal.

Dungloe: Danny Rodgers (0-1,45); Jack Scally, Raymond Sweeney, Gavin Ward; Gerard Walsh, Matthew Ward, Darren Curran; Noel McBride (0-2,1f), Paul McGarvey; Hugh Moy, Shaun Sharkey (0-2), Luke Neely (0-1); Adam Neely (0-3,3f), Conor Greene 0-1), Ryan Greene (2-2). Subs: Barry Curran (0-1) for J Scally; Davy McCarron for H Moy; Adrian Sweeney for M Ward, inj;

Bundoran: Conor Carty; James Keaney, Peter McGonagle, Matthew Ward; Johnny Boyle, Paul Brennan (0-2), Johnny Boyle (0-1); Michael McEniff (0-2), Paul Delaney; Shane Moohan, Jamie Brennan (2-3,1f), Shane McGowan; Niall Carr, Christy Keaney, Tommy Hourihane (0-3,2f). Subs: Timmy Goverov for J Boyle inj; Niall Dunne for P Delaney.

Referee: Jimmy White (Killybegs).