Arranmore in with a shout of staying up

ARRANMORE UNITED eased their relegation fears with a comfortable 3-0 win over struggling Convoy Arsenal on Sunday.

ARRANMORE UNITED eased their relegation fears with a comfortable 3-0 win over struggling Convoy Arsenal on Sunday.

Milford Inn Hotel Division One

Arranmore United 3

S Elliott 17; G McGlanaghy 69; G McGee 90 pen

Convoy Arsenal 0

Arranmore United had to work hard to secure the points against a spirited Convoy Arsenal side.

The home team took the lead when Shane Elliot finished neatly following good build up play by Brendan Brennan. Arranmore made it two when Gavin McGlanaghey made an immediate impact after coming on as he finished well following a good Paul McGarvey pass. Gary McGee blasted home from the spot to seal the win.

Donegal Town 2

S Curneen 30; R Abdullagh 60

Raphoe Town 0

Donegal Town secured their First Division status for another season with a hard fought victory over Raphoe Town.

The best early opportunity fell to Christly Bogle from the penalty spot but he seen his effort come back of the post. Stephen Curneen pounced with a diving header, after his shot came back off the keeper, to put the home side ahead. The victory was secured when substitute Rhia Abdullagh fired home inside the box after good work from Benny Byrne.

Gweedore United 2

D Ferry 14; A Rodgers 77

Dunlewey Celtic 1

P Cannon 88

A local derby played saw Gweedore United come away with all three points following an entertaining encounter against Dunlewey Celtic.

Darren Ferry put United ahead when he drove a shot past Joe Rodden from close range. The home side went two up when good play between Matthew Byrnes and Anthony Rodgers saw Rodgers finish well. Dunlewey began and pressed for the remainder of the match and got their goal when good individual work from Paddy Cannon seen him drive past Cathal Gillespie.

CT Ball Division Two

Bonagee United 0

Kerrykeel 71 FC 1

T McBride 40

One goal was all it took for Kerrykeel to get the points against Bonagee United at Dry Arch Park.

Kerrykeel got the only goal of the game on when a cross from the left by Thomas McBride fell to Tony McBride and he hammered the ball to the back of the net from the edge of the box. The second half was a game of defences on top and both teams had half chances.

Cranford United 7

D McBride 5, 60, 66, 80; S Buchanan 10; J Gallagher 15; P Buchanan 40

Copany Rovers 2

D Graham 48; D O’Laughlin 75

Cranford United had four-goal Shane Buchanan to thank as they kept their promotion hopes alive with a 7-2 win over Copany Rovers.

The hosts off to a great start when Danny McBride broke free and finished with great strike into the corner. Cranford then doubled their advantage when Shane Buchannan took it past the last defender and coolly. Cranford were three up when good work from Danny McBride set up Joe Gallagher, who chipped the keeper with a neat finish. Philip Buchannan got Cranford’s fourth after good play on the left wing.

Copany started the second half well and got a goal back after a great strike from David Graham. Shane Buchannan then scored straight from a corner for Cranford’s 5th on 60 minutes. Shane Buchannan got his hat-trick when played though by Philip, Shane tucked it past the keeper. In the 75th minute, Copany got their second through a good free kick from Damien O’ Laughlin. In the 80th minute Shane got his 4th goal when Kieran Logue played him through and Shane finished neatly past the Copany keeper. Team effort for Copany. Shane Buchannan and Danny Mc Bride best for Cranford.

Ulster Cup

Milford United 2

P Curley 63 , P Doherty 73

Carndonagh FC 0

Milford will fly the Donegal League flag in the Ulster Cup final after they enjoyed a 2-0 win over Carndonagh.

Pauric Curley opened the scoring following a rebound and Milford doubled their lead later when Carn got caught badly on the counter attack. Joey Cullen played the ball upfield to Peter Doherty, who was left one on one at the half way line. He outpaced the defence and showed a cool head to fire home.

Knockalla Caravans Cup

Glenea United 2

M Barry 93; S Ferry 105

Glengad FC 0

(after extra-time)

Glenea maintained their interest in the Knockalla Cup with this hard fought victory against Glengad FC,

Three minutes into extra-time Michael Barry got the opening goal when he reacted quickest to a loose ball. Glenea finally got their second goal five minutes from the end when Darren Mc Geever crossed from the corner flag and Shane Ferry was on hand to force the ball home.