Letterkenny Rovers because the first Ulster Senior League side in 20 years to reach the FAI Intermediate Cup Final following yesterday's thrilling win over Ringmahon Rangers of Cork.

Letterkenny Rovers 2

Ringmahon Rangers 0

Not since Fanad United contested the final of 1996 has Donegal side been in the decider.

But that will all change on Saturday night, May 14th, when Letterkenny Rovers meet Crumlin United at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin.

And it's just rewards for a Letterkenny side who were denied victory in the most horrible circumstances in the semi-final in Cork two weeks ago.

On that occasion, Ringmahon forced the game to a replay when they stole an equaliser deep into injury time.

But they were unable to conjure another equaliser yesterday after falling behind to Paul McVeigh's goal on 74 minutes.

Roared on by over 160 travelling supporters, the Cork side threw everything at Letterkenny but just couldn't make the breakthrough.

Then right at the death, substitute David Shovlin, who was also involved in McVeigh's opener, got the all-important second goal after being set up by Darren McElwaine.

Cue wild celebrations among the home supporters and when the final whistle was blown soon after, it confirmed a Rovers win that means so much to everyone connected with the club.

Both teams had named unchanged sides from the game in Cork which meant a return to the starting eleven for Shane Bradley who missed last weekend's FAI Senior Cup draw at Portmarnock.

Christy Connaghan was also back in the side and both were additions and Rovers set out to make home advantage count.

In front of a big crowd, boosted by over 160 travelling Ringmahon supporters, it was Rovers who went closest to going in front early on.

Steve Okakpu Emeka got in behind the Ringmahon defence and his shot was saved by keeper, James Kirby.

In an even first half, Letterkenny created the better chances and Paul Boyle saw his header and then follow-up saved by Kierby.

At the other end, Rovers keeper, Rory Kelly, had to be alert to save Eric Hegarty's well struck volley which flew through a crowded goalmouth.

Ringmahon probably shaded much of the second half with former Cobh Ramblers player, Roy Kenny, at the heart of almost every attack from midfield. Kenny had two efforts on goal, both of which went wide while Patrick O'Brien shot over as the Cork side chased the opener.

Rovers had got into some decent positions and twice, defender Ryan Lonergan, got to the by-line and delivered two wonderful crosses which could easily have led to a goal.

But that goal eventually arrived on 74 minutes. Shovlin, on in place of Okakpu Emeka, sent over a teasing cross which Terence Shiels attempted to control in front of goal and as the ball spilled clear, Paul McVeigh was on hand to turn it home.

With Bradley immense at the back and Rory Kelly very assured in the home goal, Rovers held firm.

Then, on the break, they got the second when McElwaine pounced to win possession from Hegarty and as he made his way into the area, he set up Shovlin who finished past Kirby.

It rounded off the perfect day for Rovers.

Letterkenny Rovers: Rory Kelly, Ryan Lonergan, Jonathan Minnock, Shane Bradley, Paul Boyle, Christy Connaghan, Terence Shiels (Tommy Bonnar 88), Mark Forker, Darren McElwaine, Steve Okakpu Emeka (David Shovlin 71), Paul McVeigh.

Ringmahon Rangers: James Kirby, Philip Keane (Ciaran Carney 76), Jason Forde, Anthony Kidney, Alan Higgins, Derek O'Sullivan, Patrick O'Brien, Roy Kenny, Paul Deasy (Dion Hennessy 68), Eric Hegarty, Robert Coughlan.

Referee: Terence Moyne.

Assistants: Marty McGarrigle, Paul Duddy.