The caravan was completely destroyed in the fire
Gardaí are investigating a fire which destroyed a caravan which was parked outside a home in Convoy last month.
The caravan was completely destroyed in the incident which took place in the early hours of June 21 at Ruskey, Convoy.
The family believe they were deliberately targeted in an attack could have had ‘catastrophic consequences’.
Teresa Murray, who lives at the house with her husband, said her grandchildren often stay in the caravan when visiting. She said she is still shocked by what happened a month afterwards.
Speaking to the Donegal Democrat, she said the fire broke out after 3am. “I heard a bang and jumped out of bed and the heard another bang. I pulled up the blinds and the caravan was on fire. I was totally in shock and I could hardly make a call.”
She said she believes the fire was deliberate and not an accident.
“The grandchildren come down and stay the weekend and they played in the caravan and stay the odd night in it. The fact is my wee grandchildren could have been in the caravan and they would not have got out of the caravan. I have never had anything like this happen to me and I am still in a state of shock."
The family are appealing for witnesses to come forward.
A spokesman at Letterkenny Garda station said an investigation into the incident is ongoing.