Division Two round-up - Bundoran get draw in Dungloe

Division Two round-up - Bundoran get draw in Dungloe
It was honours even in this Division 2 game played in glorious sunshine in Rosses Park Dungloe on Saturday evening.

It was honours even in this Division 2 game played in glorious sunshine in Rosses Park Dungloe on Saturday evening.

Dungloe 0-15

Bundoran 2-9

There was seven minutes on the clock before an Adrian Sweeney point from a free put Dungloe on the scoreboard. Three minutes later Jonny McHale levelled the scoring. Adam Coyne put the visitors in from on 12 mins before Jonny J McHale received a black card and Dungloe’s Cory Gallagher levelled matters again. Adam Neely, Adrian Sweeney (free) put two between the sides as the game entered the second quarter. Dungloe’s keeper Ciaran Sharkey pulled off a top drawer save to deny county minor Jamie Brennan, the first of three fine saves by Sharkey during the game. Cory Gallagher and Dara Hoey traded points to leave two between the sides. Gallagher again and Shaun Wallace stretched the home side’s lead further before Jamie Brennan tore through the Dungloe defence to fire past Sharkey in the Dungloe goals and bring the game to within a point. A Gallagher free for Dungloe and an Alan Russell point for the visitors left the half time score Dungloe 0-8, Bundoran 1-4.

DUnglope opened the scoring of the second half from the throw-in with two quick points from Adrian Sweeney. Again Sharkey’s skills in goal were called on when he denied another Bundoran goal and put the ball out for a 45 which was convered by Dara Hoey to narrow the gap. Adam Coyne and Adrian Sweeney (f), Adrian Hanlon traded points before Bundoran hit their second goal from the boot of Dara Hoey.

As the game entered the final quarter keeper Sharkey denied Jamie Brennan his second goal with a fine save. Conor Greene and Adrian Hanlon stretched the home side lead to two points but Adam Coyne pointed from a free to narrow the margin. Adrian Sweeney pointed from a free on 25 minns but James Keaney and Dara Hoey (free) levelled matters .

Dungloe: Ciaran Sharkey, Jack Scally, Gavin Ward, Doalty Boyle, Eoin Scally, Shaun Harkey, Gerard Walsh, Raymond Sweeney, Cory Gallagher (0-4 1f), Noel McBride, Adrian Hanlon (0-1), Shaun Wallace (0-1), Adam Neely (0-1), Adrian Sweeney (0-7 4f), David McCarron. Sub Conor Greene (0-1) for Shaun Wallace

Bundoran J Keenan, J Keaney (0-1), D McCaughey, P Rooney, M McEniff, P McGonagle, C McCaughey, N Dunne, A Coyne (0-3 1 f), D Spratt, J Brennan (1-0) J McHale (0-1), D Hoey (1-3 2 f) A Russell(0-1). Subs P Delaney, D Branley

MacCumhaills produce a strong finish

Sean MacCumhaills had four points to spare at the end of a cracking Division Two clash with Naomh Muire on a balmy sunny evening on the banks of the Finn.

Sean MacCumhaill’s 1-17

Naomh Muire 1-13

Naomh Muire were first out of the blocks with a free from Harry Harden inside the first minute. But MacCumhaills soon found their rhythm and replied with points from Darren O’Leary and Joe Dunnion.

Naomh Muire were back in front again on 11 minutes courtesy of a well taken point from Darragh White. Chris Gallen levelled before Marty O’Reilly struck for the game’s opening goal; a brilliant individual effort from the county man sent MacCumhaills in 1-7 to 0-7 in front at half-time.

The locals increased their lead just after the break with another Chris Gallen point. But Naomh Muire piled the pressure and when Sean Boyle pounced on the loose ball for the Naomh Muire goal it was all square once again.

It was nip and tuck for the next 15 minutes as both teams took the lead before MacCumhaills eventually pulled away in the closing to run out four point winners at the end of a high quality encounter.

Sean MacCumhaills: E Gallen; E Wright, M Gallagher, A McCloskey; S Duffy, G Dunnion, J Dunnion (0-1); P McNulty (0-2), S O’Reilly; B McLaughlin, M O’Reilly (1-4), C Gallen (0-2); B Lafferty (0-1), D O’Leary (0-4), R Dunleavy (0-3).

Naomh Muire; S Gallagher; R O Donnell, B Gillespie, J O’Brien; O Grant(0-2), A O’ Gara, D Gallagher; P Boyle (0-2), O McGarvey; D White (0-3), P McCafferty, P Gillespie; S Boyle (1-3), H Boyle, H Harden (0-3).

Fanad leave it late against Killybegs

Fanad Gaels scored the last three points in a cliffhanger in Portsalon, on Saturday evening against Killybegs to bag the league points.

Fanad Gaels 1-12

Killybegs 1-11

The home side led by 1-7 to 0-4 at the break, with the goal from Johnny Friel.

But Killybegs stormed back in the second half and were leading by two points in the closing stages before Seamie Nanny Friel levelled and Johnny Friel hit the winning point.

Fanad Gaels: M McConigley; J Blaney, C Martin, F Sweeney; R McGonagle, P McConigley, M Friel; M Sweeney, B Callaghan; A McAteer, S ‘Nanny ‘ Friel, J ‘Nanny’ Friel; M McAteer, S ‘Cosha’ Sweeney, O Friel. Sub: K McElwaine.

Killybegs: J Murray; C Cunningham, J Noctor, J Enright; G Boyle, D Conwell, C Murrin; V Smyth, H McFadden; S Molloy, B Boyle, E Murphy; J ‘Ban’ Gallagher, P Cunningham, M Boyle. Sub: D Maguire for E Murphy. Referee: P McKeever (Glenfin).

Boyle hits 0-9 but Glenfin prevail

Glenfin 0-11

Cloughaneely 0-10

In a highly competitive and hard fought game at Pairc Taobhoige,it was Glenfin who snatched the win over Cloughaneely.

There was never more than TWO points between the sides throughout the match, which despite being hard hitting was a very fair contest.

Dennis Boyle was in sublime form for Cloughaneely, taking 9 of his side’s 11 points. Glenfin were wasteful throughout the match, spurning good opportunities to get into scorable positions. Ciaran Moy opened the scoring for the hosts and, in a trend that would be continued throughout the match, Boyle levelled for the visitors from a free.

By half time the sides were neck and neck, 0-5 apiece, Malachy Martin and Moy having scored a few each for Glenfin and Boyle taking all Cloughaneelys scores. A fine Andrew Walsh save was all that denied Cloughaneely taking a three point lead into the break.

Glenfin started well in the second half and looked to have earned themselves some breathing space as a Ciaran Moy free and a fine Kieran Foy effort took them 2 clear. Once again, however, Dennis Boyle fired his team back into it from dead ball situations and as Eamonn Curran and John Fitzgerald pointed the game seemed to swing in Cloughaneely’s favour.

Glenfin dug deep, midfielder Mark McGinty breaking forward to take a crucial point, and they managed to square up the game through Jason Marley and Kevin McGlynn. With the points up for grabs both teams had chances and a draw looked to be on the cards.

A brilliant Gerard Ward run ended in him having a low drive blocked on the line, and the Glenfin backline played out of their skins to keep things level. With 3 minutes to go, Malachy Martin managed to slip in behind the Cloughaneely defence to slot over, giving Glenfin the lead.

It was a lead they held on to for dear life, and despite a goal line scramble and a few other nervy moments, it was the hosts who took the two points come the final whistle.

Glenfin: Andrew Walsh; Gareth Martin; John Harkin; Ronan Gallagher; Gary Dorrian; Frank McGlynn; Dean Herrron (0-01); Paddy Costello; Mark McGinty Snr. (0-01); Stephen McGlynn; Kevin McGlynn (0-01); Jason Marley (0-01); Ciaran Moy (0-04; 2f); Gerard Ward; Malachy Martin (0-03). Subs: Kieran Foy (0-01) for Stephen McGlynn; Stephen Ward for Paddy Costello; Martin O’Donnell for Kevin McGlynn; Jason Morrow for Jason Marley.

Cloughaneely: Sean McClafferty; Michael Lynch; Kevin McFadden; Cian McFadden; Kevin Mulhern; Eamonn Curran (0-01); Declan McGarvey; Martin McGuire; Ciaran Scanlon; John Fitzgerald (0-01); Dennis Boyle (0-9; 7f); Darren McGeever; Sean McGuire; Paul Sweeney; John Harvey. Subs: John McGarvey for John Harvey; Pap Cannon for Darren McGeever

Division Three

Milford 0-9

Naomh Colmcille 3-8

Naomh Colmcille struck for three second half goals as they got the upper hand on Milford at Moyle View Park on Saturday.

Milford – who had won their last four games – got off to an excellent start and they led 0-4 to 0-1 after 20 minutes with Cathal McGettigan in fine form from placed balls.

However, Naomh Colmcille led by Ryan McKinley rallied towards the end of the half and trailed by just one point at half-time.

Newtown registered an early goal through Willie Gillespie and the county under 21 star grabbed his second goal later on in the half, while Mark Dowds also raised a green flag.

McGettigan finished with eight points for Milford, but they missed numerous chances to reduce the deficit in the final ten minutes –including a penalty- and Naomh Colmcille cantered to victory.

Milford: Sean Gallagher, Gavin Grier, Paddy Peoples, Tj Evesson, Brandon Toye, Conor McNulty, Dean Burgess, James Doyle, Luke Barrett, Cathal McGettigan , Pauric Curley, Jonny Logue, Kane Barrett, Christopher Barrett, Gary Merritt. Subs: Manus Boyce, Enda McHugh, Darragh Black, Oisin Barrett.

Naomh Colmcille: Marty Callaghan, Mark Callaghan, Alex Devenney, Eddie Gillespie; John Fullerton, Shane McAteer, Paul Friel; Ciaran Devine, Ryan McKinley; Don Hegarty, Ryan McErlean, Thomas McKinley; Mark Dowds, Joe Donaghy, Willie Gillespie. Subs: Matthew Crossan, Conor Grant, Daniel Clarke, Michael Friel.