Marty O’Reilly hits 2-6 as 
MacCumhaills have good win

A five-star performance from county panellist Marty O’Reilly was the main talking point from Mountcharles on Sunday.

A five-star performance from county panellist Marty O’Reilly was the main talking point from Mountcharles on Sunday.

St. Naul’s 2-8

MacCumhaill’s 3-15

O’Reilly scored 2-6, 1-3 in each half, and also set up the other goal for Darren O’Leary.

It was a very good result for the Twin Towns side, who were short a big number of regularsd.

O’Reilly’s had the opening goal on five minutes to push the visitorse 1-2 to no score ahead, but St. Naul’s hit back with a Shane Conneely goal and Barry Griffin point to leave just a point between the sides on 18 minutes.

However, a great break by O’Reilly on 21 minutes led to the second MacCumhaill’s goal and it left them ahead by 2-6 to 1-5 at the break.

MacCumhaill’s were able to keep that lead, and indeed built on it in the second half with Marty O’Reilly adding his second goal and see his side take both league points.

St. Naul’s: L McBrearty; A Kennedy, J Rose, E Kane; P Coyle, S Johnston (0-1), B Griffin (0-1); D Friel, S Griffin (0-4); B McCole (0-1), C Lowther (1-1), L McGroarty; S Conneely (1-0), B Rose (0-1), M Ward. Subs., J Carr and D Brennan.

MacCumhaill’s: O Gallen; C McMenamin, J Dunnion, G Grindle; G Doherty, G Dunnion, C Gallen; S McGowan, R Duffy; B McLaughlin (0-5), M O’Reilly (2-6), B Lafferty; A Patton, D O’Leary (1-4), R Dunleavy. Sub., A Kelly for G Dunnion, black card.

Referee: J White (Killybegs)

Naomh Muire win again

Naomh Muire 1-10

Downings 1-6

Naomh Muire picked up another valuable brace of league points with a four point victory over Downings at the Bank’s, yesterday afternoon.

A determined and dogged Downings side made the home side fight all the way. This was added to by poor finishing by Naomh Muire who on another day would have paid for non-converting of quite easy chances.

Downings started well and opened a two point lead within four minutes before points from Harry Harden and Ciaran McGinley levelled the scores..

Naomh Muire started two minors from last year with James Ferry and Shaun Burns making their first starts at this level with both playing well throughout.

Overall it was a low tempo match and Naomh Muire, once they got their noses in front, seemed content to sit on any lead and keep possession. During the second half they hit ten wides many from close range.

With the sides swapping points and only a couple of points in it, Brian Gillespie, playing at half back line broke up-field and scored a goal for Naomh Muire ten minutes into the second half. The goal finally settled the locals and remained on top for the remainder of the game.

Naomh Muire: Sean Gallagher; Patrick Rodgers, Robbie O’Donnell, Dan Gallagher; Jack O’Brien (0-1), Brian Gillespie (1-0), Padraig McCafferty (0-1); Paul ‘Yank’ Boyle, Patrick Gillespie; Harry Harden (0-2), James Ferry (0-1), Shaun Burns (0-1); SJ Boyle (0-2), Hugh ‘Yank’ Boyle (0-1), Ciaran McGinley (0-2). Sub: Shaun Mc Cafferty for Ciaran Mc Ginley.

Bundoran keep

on winning

Bundoran kept up their good run in Division Two with a hard fought victory over Killybegs in Fintra.

Killybegs 1-7

Bundoran 1-10

Bundoran got of to a good start going into a three point lead after ten minutes and went further ahead when Johnyn McHale scored a brilliant goal after good work from Darragh Hoey and Michael McEniff.

The goal put them six points ahead after 20 minutes and killybegs where struggling to get into the game. Two quick points by Brendan Boyle lifted the Fishermen before the break.

Both sides hit some poor wides in the first ten minutes of the second half but a well taken goal by Charles Tully set up by Daniel Breslin and Hugh McFadden got Killybegs back into the game but Bundoran with Tommy Hourihane in fine form, got back on top.

Both sides wasted chances but Bundoran kicked three unanswered points by Alan Russell, Darragh Hoey and Christy Kaeney to see out the game.

For Killybegs Brendan Boyle, Davy Conwel,l Daniel Breslin and Hugh Mc Fadden were best with Michael McEniff, Johnyn McHale, Tommy Hourihaen and Paul Delaney were excellent for Bundoran.

Killybegs: M Mullin, J Enwright, D Conwell, C Cunnungham, J Gallagher, S Molloy, G Boyle, B Boyle (0-4), V Smith E Murphy C Tully (1-2) J Noctor P Cunningham, H Mc Fadden (0-1)M Boyle. D Breslin for E Murphy, D Mc Guire for M Boyle, P Conaghan for V Smith, N Carberry for D Conwell.

Bundoran: J Keenan James Keaney, P Rooney, J McHale (1-0) S Mohan, M Mc Eniff, P Mc Gonigle C Mc Caughey, N Dunne, P Delaney, T Hourihan (0-4), D Hoey (0-2), J Brennan (0 -1) C Kenney (0-1), A Russell (0-2).

Referee: Ian Molloy.

Fanad topple Cloughaneely

Cloughaneely 1-07

Fanad 0-12

Fanad got a valuable two points on Sunday after a tight game in St Finans Park in Falcarragh

Denis Boyle opened the scoring after four minutes, Shaun Mc Garvey quickly followed it with a goal after a pass from John Harley.

Shemi “Nanny” Friel responded for Fanad before Shaun Maguire got another for Cloughaneely.

Mc Conigley got two points for Fanad, before Martin Maguire and a Denis Boyle free made it a four point game again. Seamus “Nanny” Friel added two points before half time and Darren McGeever got one for Cloughaneely ending the half Cloughaneely 1-05 Fanad 0-05.

Fanad started brightly in the second half with points from both Shemi Friels, These were cancelled out by a Denis Boyle free and Shaun McGarvey free.

This was to be the home sides last score as Fanad finished the game strong with points from Michael Sweeney, Seamus “Nanny” Friel, Marty McAteer, Aiden McAteer and Sheami Friel to run out two points victors.