Leading from the start, Donegal’s Declan Boyle/Brian Boyle (Ford Fiesta WRC) took a commanding victory in the Tralee-based Rose Hotel Circuit of Kerry Rally, the second round of the Triton Showers National Rally Championship, writes Martin Walsh
In nigh on perfect conditions they finished 44.1 seconds ahead of the Ford Fiesta WRC of Clonmel’s Roy White and his Cork co-driver James O’Brien, who won the Power Stage to move into the lead of the Triton series. Peadar Hurson/Damien Connolly (Subaru WRC) were 25.8 seconds further behind in third.
Boyle set the pace on the opening stage, Knights Mountain, and led O’Riordan in a Ford Fiesta WRC, by eight seconds - the latter was six seconds ahead of the Fiesta WRC of Roy White.
Boyle was quickest on the second stage and had a lead of 19.9 seconds.
On the final stage which counted as the Power Stage, White set the best time to take three bonus points. Boyle took victory and second in the Power Stage gleaming a total of 22 Triton Showers points – his first batch of the current season.
1. D. Boyle/B. Boyle (Ford Fiesta WRC) 1h. 03m. 03.2s.
2. R. White/J. O'Brien (Ford Fiesta WRC) 1h. 03m. 47.3s.
3. P. Hurson/D. Connolly (Subaru WRC) 1h. 04m. 13.1s. (Skoda Fabia S2000) 1h. 04m. 38.7s.
4. D. Henry/L. Moynihan (Skoda Fabia R5) 1h. 04m. 32.7s.
5. N. Maguire/E. Sherry (Subaru WRC) 1h. 04m. 37.3s.
6. M. McCormack/D. Moynihan (Skoda Fabia S2000) 1h. 04m. 38.7s.