School plans rejected after appeal
Plans for the construction of a new school building at St. Eunan’s College in Letterkenny have been rejected by An Bord Pleanála.
The plans for a new 900- pupil school were turned down after an appeal by the Hawthorn Height’s Residents Association.
The residents had argued that the plans would lead to over-development of the site and would affect the value of nearby properties.
The board ruled that the plans would impact on the residential and visual amenities of the area, and would threaten the character of the original school building, which is a protected structure.
The plans had been given the go-ahead by Letterkenny Town Council with 16 conditions.
- Ardara refused permission to go to All-Ireland Gaeltacht
- Elderly woman described as “serious” after Inver collision
- Donegal tops Blue Flag Beach Awards
- ‘Moneyless Mark’ the Donegal man who plans to live in money-free community
- Sinn Féin say John Downey arrest is “vindictive, unnecessary and unhelpful”
Search for a job
Weather for Donegal
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 8 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: South west