PRINGLE TAKES TOP DAIL POST
Donegal South West Independent TD Thomas Pringle has been elected by his colleagues in the technical group as leader of the Independent grouping in Dáil Erieann.
Thomas Pringle TD, who was one of the founding members of the ‘Can’t Pay, Won’t Pay’ campaign revealed, in an exclusive interview with the Donegal Democrat/People’s Press, that he had been chosen as leader of the grouping that has become a strong force in Irish politics.
He said: “Obviously I am delighted to have been chosen as leader by my colleagues. The best honour one can receive is to be respected by the people that you work with.
“The decision was made last Friday and I will assume the role after the Easter recess on April 18.”
READ MORE IN TODAY’S DONEGAL DEMOCRAT/DONEGAL PEOPLE’S PRESS.
- Ardara refused permission to go to All-Ireland Gaeltacht
- Donegal tops Blue Flag Beach Awards
- Elderly woman described as “serious” after Inver collision
- Donegal and Derry mourn the passing of Joe ‘Timer’ Cassidy - a Foyle Harps legend
- Sinn Féin say John Downey arrest is “vindictive, unnecessary and unhelpful”
Search for a job
Weather for Donegal
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: South west