Pensioner robbed for second time
A frail pensioner living in her Pettigo home was thrown to the ground on Saturday night as robbers searched her and her home for money. Phyllis McGee from Belalt, in Pettigo, is the second pensioner, living in the border area, to be targeted by thieves within a week.
This is not the first time that Phyliss has been targetted by thieves - the 78-year-old had her home broken into just five weeks ago. The news comes in the wake of the harrowing assault on 96-year-old Margaret Lilly who was robbed and assaulted in her own home at Aghilly near Buncrana in the early hours of January 5.
See story in this morning’s Donegal Democrat/Deonegal People’s Press.
- Ardara refused permission to go to All-Ireland Gaeltacht
- Donegal tops Blue Flag Beach Awards
- Elderly woman described as “serious” after Inver collision
- Donegal and Derry mourn the passing of Joe ‘Timer’ Cassidy - a Foyle Harps legend
- Sinn Féin say John Downey arrest is “vindictive, unnecessary and unhelpful”
Search for a job
Weather for Donegal
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: South west