Northern Lights return in spectacular fashion
The Northern Lights were back again last night in the skies over Donegal.
Adam Porter, Chairman of the Buncrana Camera Club, captured these two stunning images at Malin Head and Clonmany.
Kenneth McDonagh of the Donegal Weather Channel sent an alert out via facebook that the Geomagnetic Activity level (Kp number) would be 6, Storm level, meaning there was an extremely strong likelihood that the Northern Lights would appear. That, combined with perfectly clear skies, meant that photographers were out in force, all the way from Malin Head to Ballyshannon and none of them went away disappointed.
If you were one of the lucky ones, and want to share your photos, send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our facebook page and we’ll print/post as many as we can.
- Ardara refused permission to go to All-Ireland Gaeltacht
- Elderly woman described as “serious” after Inver collision
- Donegal tops Blue Flag Beach Awards
- ‘Moneyless Mark’ the Donegal man who plans to live in money-free community
- Sinn Féin say John Downey arrest is “vindictive, unnecessary and unhelpful”
Search for a job
Weather for Donegal
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 8 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: South west