LYIT engineering students place second in regional competition
A team of students from the Civil Engineering and Construction Department at Letterkenny Institute of Technology (LYIT) were runners-up at the northern regional heat of the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) ‘Student Challenge 2013’.
The competition took place at LYIT in January and included 7 groups of students from colleges and universities across Ulster.
The teams were tasked with solving a construction management related problem designed to showcase their construction knowledge in front of CIOB members, judges, lecturers and fellow students - a pressurised and nerve racking task.Representing LYIT were Eilis Mee (Carrickmacross), a BSc in Quantity Surveying year 3 student, Hugh Gallagher (Letterkenny) and Martin Sheridan (Portnablagh), both in 4th year BSc Hons Fire Safety Engineering, and Paul Bradley (Buncrana) studying the BSc Hons in Sustainable Construction Management (4th year).
- Ardara refused permission to go to All-Ireland Gaeltacht
- Elderly woman described as “serious” after Inver collision
- Donegal tops Blue Flag Beach Awards
- ‘Moneyless Mark’ the Donegal man who plans to live in money-free community
- Sinn Féin say John Downey arrest is “vindictive, unnecessary and unhelpful”
Search for a job
Weather for Donegal
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: South west