Large crowds attend rededication of St Mary’s Church, Killybegs
The Church of St. Mary of the Visitation, Killybegs, was officially rededicated on Monday night last during a two-hour ceremony presided over by Most Rev. Philip Boyce, Bishop of Raphoe. Canon Austin Laverty, Ardara, was Master of Ceremonies.
An unexpected guest at the altar was Mark McHugh with the Sam Maguire cup. Mark and Sam were introduced by Fr. Colm Gallagher PP as “two friends who were passing by” and they received a warm welcome from the congregation.
Read more and see our 2-page picture spread in today’s Donegal Democrat.
- Ardara refused permission to go to All-Ireland Gaeltacht
- Elderly woman described as “serious” after Inver collision
- Donegal tops Blue Flag Beach Awards
- ‘Moneyless Mark’ the Donegal man who plans to live in money-free community
- Sinn Féin say John Downey arrest is “vindictive, unnecessary and unhelpful”
Search for a job
Weather for Donegal
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: South west