HSE offer screening in TB case
HSE West has confirmed it’s offering screening to members of the public following confirmation of a case of Tuberculosis at Letterkenny General Hospital.
The case was identified around six weeks ago and details have only emerged.
HSE West is offering screening to anyone who had close contact with the patient. They say the screening may include hospital patients who shared a ward with the TB patient before they were diagnosed, along with family members or people living with the TB patient.
The HSE is stressing the overall risk of transmission of the disease is low, and the screening is being offered as a precaution.
- Ardara refused permission to go to All-Ireland Gaeltacht
- Donegal tops Blue Flag Beach Awards
- Sinn Féin say John Downey arrest is “vindictive, unnecessary and unhelpful”
- Elderly woman described as “serious” after Inver collision
- Donegal and Derry mourn the passing of Joe ‘Timer’ Cassidy - a Foyle Harps legend
Search for a job
Weather for Donegal
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 9 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: South west