EXCLUSIVE: Cllr. O’Neill considering legal challenge against Donegal County Council
Fine Gael Donegal County Councillor Barry O’Neill is considering a legal challenge against Donegal County Council.
Speaking exclusively to the Donegal Democrat yesterday, Cllr. O’Neill said: “I am considering bringing a case to the courts challenging the decision of the council executive to introduce social housing into a rural locality in Ballyshannon.”
Donegal County Council’s Housing Department announced on Tuesday, January 15, at a meeting of the Donegal Electoral Area Committee, that the executive of the council had purchased a house at Parkhill, Ballyshannon for approximately €230,000 to address a social housing requirement.
Read the full story, by Sue Doherty, in today’s Donegal Democrat.
- Ardara refused permission to go to All-Ireland Gaeltacht
- Donegal tops Blue Flag Beach Awards
- Sinn Féin say John Downey arrest is “vindictive, unnecessary and unhelpful”
- Donegal and Derry mourn the passing of Joe ‘Timer’ Cassidy - a Foyle Harps legend
- Elderly woman described as “serious” after Inver collision
Search for a job
Weather for Donegal
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 9 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: South west