Donegal students amaze at Junk Kouture Regionals
The talent, creativity and hard work of Donegal students paid off in Derry last Friday night, as students from across the county made up a big proportion of those who had made it through to the Junk Kouture Regional Final.
There were 79 outfits on the catwalk, and Donegal schools - including schools from Buncrana, Carndonagh and Moville - made up a big number of them at the Millennium Forum.
And, not surprisingly, a good number of these were among the top 20 which will now go forward to the National Final in the Bord Gais Theatre, Dublin in April.
It was an astonishing and inspiring night. Designs ranged from elegant white gowns, whose apparently simplicity masked an incredibly intricate mastery of detail, to futuristic and playful couture designs that would look at home on any catwalk in London, New York or Milan.
Well done to all involved!
- Ardara refused permission to go to All-Ireland Gaeltacht
- Elderly woman described as “serious” after Inver collision
- Donegal tops Blue Flag Beach Awards
- Sinn Féin say John Downey arrest is “vindictive, unnecessary and unhelpful”
- ‘Moneyless Mark’ the Donegal man who plans to live in money-free community
Search for a job
Weather for Donegal
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: South west