Books served to men accused of assaulting senator
Two men accused of assault causing harm to Senator Brian Ó Domhnaill have had books of evidence served upon them.
Garda Dermot Gallen told Dungloe District Court the books were served earlier yesterday on Jim Sharkey (43), Bayside, New York, and Cathal O’Donovan (42), New Eltham, London.
The two men, both of whom were in court, are accused of assaulting Senator Ó Domhnaill and causing him harm at Meenacuing, Gweedore, on August 22nd, 2010.
Judge Paul Kelly remanded them for trial at the next sitting of Letterkenny Circuit Court on July 10th.
Judge Kelly refused jurisdiction to have the case heard in his district court at an earlier hearing after the prosecution claimed the alleged victim received eight stitches after he was kicked in the head.
- Ardara refused permission to go to All-Ireland Gaeltacht
- Donegal tops Blue Flag Beach Awards
- Elderly woman described as “serious” after Inver collision
- Donegal and Derry mourn the passing of Joe ‘Timer’ Cassidy - a Foyle Harps legend
- Sinn Féin say John Downey arrest is “vindictive, unnecessary and unhelpful”
Search for a job
Weather for Donegal
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 12 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: South west