Stephen Robb, a tillage farmer from Lifford, Co.Donegal has been named the FBD Young Tillage Farmer of the Year at an awards ceremony in the Boyne Valley Hotel and Country Club in Drogheda Co.Louth. There were sector prizes for dairy, beef, tillage and sheep as well as adjudicator prizes. Michael has won the prestigious title following a challenging interview process and on-farm visit. He has won a €500 travel bursary.
The overall prize of the 18th FBD Young Farmer of the Year was named as Kevin Moran, a 23-year-old dairy farmer from Claremorris, Co. Mayo.
The competition is organised by Macra na Feirme in partnership with the IFA and sponsors, FBD.
The winners in the other sectors were:
· FBD Young Dairy Farmer of the Year – Kevin Moran – Mayo
· FBD Young Beef Farmer of the Year – Michael Kenny – Offaly
· FBD Young Sheep Farmer of the Year – Mattie John Kelly – Roscommon
· FBD Adjudicator winner – Brian Keegan - Kildare
· FBD Adjudicator winner – Thomas Duffy - Cavan