DCSIMG

Wind Turbine turmoil takes off

File Picture, Windfarm.

File Picture, Windfarm.

The Donegal County Council cathaoirleach said he will present a robust response to Minister Alan Kelly’s criticism of restrictions on wind farm development that councillors here approved last month.

“They’re making the argument that we’re closing the county down to wind farm development,” the cathaoirleach, independent Cllr. John Campbell said. He said that was not the case.

“We’re just directing them to the most appropriate places in the county,” he said.

Last week, in correspondence to Seamus Neely, council chief executive, the Minister for Environment Alan Kelly, TD, took issue with wind farm restrictions councillors adopted last month in the County Development Plan, 2012-2018. In his letter the minister said the council, “has ignored or not taken account” submissions made on his behalf in May.

He included a “draft direction”, which calls on the council to delete the recently approved variations from the county development plan.

For more on this story see Monday’s Donegal Democrat and Donegal People’s Press

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page