This Friday night 2nd of November Twin Towns Boxing Club will hold their annual boxing tournament in Jackson’s Hotel, Ballybofey with 2008 Olympic silver medal winner Kenneth Egan on the card.
Boxing starts at 8pm sharp with fourteen contests on the card, with boxers travelling from Dublin, Westmeath, Kildare, Tyrone, Sligo and all over Donegal.
Boxers in action on the night have won nearly every medal there is to win in the sport numerous Irish titles, numerous multi-nations titles, European championships, World championships and last but least Bejiing Olympic silver medal winner, Ken Egan.
Some of the main contests on the bill are Stephen O’Reilly V David Joyce, this is a rematch of which Stephen has 8 wins to David’s 2. A picture of their last contest was used by AnPost for a commemorative IABA Centenary stamp in 2011.
Adam Kelly Ballinacargy V Johnny Joyce Athy, both of these boxers won medals at last years European Championships.
O.J. Ward Twin Towns V Charlie McDonagh Raphoe, once club mates now in opposite corners.
And then there is Kenneth Egan, holder of ten Irish Senior titles and one Olympic Sliver medal from Beijing 2008 against David Joyce, holder of one bronze World Championship medal won in Mexico in 2008. Both out to prove a point.
Other contests on the bill are:
1. Ethan Sweeney T.T. -V- E. Diver Clonmany BC
Donegal final rematch
2. Issac McLaughlin T.T. -V- Martin Lee Lynch Carrigart BC
9. Co. novice champion Donegal champion
3. Owen McAulay T.T. -V- Sean Ferguson Lisnafin BC Strabane
4. Stephen Stokes T.T. - V- Stephen O’Sullivan Illies BC
5. Martin ward T.T. -V- C. Stewart Illies BC
Donegal Final rematch
6. Paul Kelly T.T. - V - Christy Joyce Athy BC
7. Terence Ward T.T. - V - Hughie Joyce Athy BC
8. Paul Derby T.T. - V - John Joe Joyce Ballinacaragy BC
9. Martin Doherty T.T. - V - Calium Evens Ballyshannon BC.