Cannabis factory accused sent forward for trial

Two men accused of having cannabis worth €1.6 million in Laghey have been sent forward for trial.

Two men accused of having cannabis worth €1.6 million in Laghey have been sent forward for trial.

Ming Sun (44) and Xia Hua He (34), both Chinese nationals with no fixed address in Ireland, were apprehended following a garda operation which resulted in the seizure of cannabis at Trummon, Laghey on May 25 last.

Detective Garda Paul McHugh told Donegal District Court this morning that Books of Evidence had been served on the two men.

They each face three charges: cultivation of cannabis, possession for sale or supply and unlawful possession of cannabis.

Inspector Denis Joyce said the Director of Public Prosecutions had ruled that the two defendants go forward for trial at the next sitting of Donegal Circuit Court, which starts on December 11.

Defence solicitor Rory O’Brien made no application for bail and the men were remanded in custody.