Water restrictions in the county will continue over the weekend, Donegal County Council has confirmed.
A council spokesperson said: “These restrictions are necessary to ensure the water levels in reservoirs are replenished so that there is enough water during peak periods.”
The spokesperson added: “During dry spells it is necessary to ensure that there is sufficient water in the reservoirs throughout the county and during this dry spell we would ask all members of the public to be particularly vigilant in conserving water.”
The following water restrictions are currently in place.
From 11.30pm to 6.00am, reservoir/distribution mains will be switched off at :
· Lifford reservoir serving Lifford Town/ Coneyburrow and Roughan Road areas;
· distribution main from Rossgier junction/ Porthall to Swilly Burn area including Newrow/ Tironeil area; and
· distribution main from Letterkenny Road (N14) Cavan Hill junction/ Glencash/ Drumleen/ Creaghadoos/ Gillystown area including Drumearn.
From 10.00pm to 7.00am reservoir/distribution mains will be switched off at:
· Tievebrack reservoir above Castlefin/ Castlederg Road/Bellalt/Meenlogher;
· Gleneely Reservoir above Crossroads and Knock/ Kinlitter, Lismullaghduff, Sallywood area; and
· Ballynacor Reservoir within the Edenamoghil/ Monellan/ Ballinman areas.
Donegal County Council would like to thank the public for their co-operation and for their continuing efforts to conserve water. For further information and updates follow DCC on Twitter @donegalcouncil or on the DCC Facebook page.